kantha sari scarf - Drum
$54.99 USD $139.99 USD
is on back order
Every Jaipur Handloom Silk kantha sari scarf is unique. Each is made by first hand-sourcing vintage silk saris from markets in India. The saris are carefully cut into sections and paired together to bring together glorious combinations of colour and pattern. The paired fabrics go off to Murshidabad in West Bengal where for generations women have used kantha to recycle saris. The two silk layers of the scarf are stitched together, and decorated with many rows of kantha running stitch.
Scarf material is silk, cotton is used for the embroidery stitches. Treat these scarves with care by gently hand washing when needed. Do not soak, and dry in the shade.
- Item- Kantha Reversible Silk Sari Patchwork
- Fabric - Cotton -silk mix
- Dimensions ( Approximate ) : 18" Wide x 72 " long
- Color - Multi-color
- Code - 31
- Because of the unique and handmade nature of this item, the measurements above may differ a small bit from the real one.
- Actual colors may vary from those shown due to the nature of photographing and monitor color settings.
- These are vintage stoles and not new so cannot be expected to be in a perfect condition. Very minor wear and tear and loose threads are expected and they are considered to be adding beauty to these masterpieces.