- Featuring Unique one of a kind Kantha throw blankets are six layers of vintage saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional kantha stitch.
- Made of 100% reclaimed cotton sari cloth
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m (6'8" x 3'4")
- Stitched in approximately 72 hours (3 days) by hand (depending on experience)
- Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood
If you need something unique, then this Vintage kantha quilt is it! These beautiful Fair trade Kantha Quilts are hand stitched. The fabric is softly quilted, with bold prints and a beautiful colorful kantha running stitch is used all over the quilt. The reverse side is embroidered with many delicate kantha stitches which makes this a one of Kind!
A feast for the eyes from South Asia, this delightful piece will add some exotic flair to your living space. On the edges of these quilts there may be some threads undone which are left unknotted to increase the beauty of these handmade unique treasures.
A cotton lightweight "quilt", with an appealing unique colorful design. It can be used as Bedspread, Bedding Throw, Blanket Or Quilt.
- A summer bed cover,
- A throw
- A fabulous picnic rug
- Nice bedroom quilt.
- A wedding fit
- or wonderful Bedroom Bedding.
- For this kantha quilt, floral and check cotton saris were stitched together using the kantha stitch
- It is made in such a way that it is reversible and can be used on both sides. Every stitch is hand done.
- Quantity: 1 pc
- Size: (90 x 60 inches approx) +/-3 inches
- Washing Instructions: Dry clean only
- Code: KA - 42
- Due to unique and handmade nature a slight variation is possible in size of these vintage quilts.
- Due to photography and monitor resolution actual vintage quilt may be slight different in color than shown in pictures.